VERY IMPORTANT INSTRUCTIONS
• If Sebastian or Kristen did NOT do your original eyebrows and you have old ink, you will need to send a close up picture of your eyebrows in good lighting via text to 217-898-6652 so they can see what needs to be done. You might need a different technique or possibly removal with a natural sea salt and saline solution. This will be determined after viewing the picture you text.
• If you have had Permanent Makeup previously done and fail to tell us, Sebastian reserves the right to refuse service and may recommend removal and you will forfeit your deposit for the lost appointment time. No Exceptions!
• NO ONE UNDER 18 YEARS OF AGE WILL HAVE PERMANENT MAKE-UP OR MICROBLADING.
Microblading Eyebrows Pre-Care:
• NO alcohol or caffeine 24 hours before procedure (Yes, there is caffeine in decaf coffee and tea!)
• Do not work out 24 hours before procedure.*Avoid sun and tanning one week prior to procedure.
• Do not take Aspirin, Niacin, Vitamin E or Advil/Ibuprofen 24 hours before procedure.
• Avoid power shakes and power greens, Fish Oil, and “Hair, Skin, Nail” supplements 24 hours prior to procedure.
• Discontinue Glycolics, Chemical Peels and Retin-A 4 weeks prior.
• Refrain from use of any Alpha Hydroxy Acid (AHA) products close to the eyebrow area 2 weeks prior to and 2 weeks after your procedure. Check your moisturizer, face wash, BB or CC creams and makeup primers for anything that says acid.
• No brow waxing or tinting one week before.
• Please Note: You will be more sensitive during your menstrual cycle as well.
• You have to be off any kind of Accutane for 1 year. NO Exceptions!
• Heart Conditions/Pace Maker/Defibrillator (No exceptions)
IF YOU GET FILLERS, THEY SHOULD BE DONE 6 WEEKS PRIOR TO YOUR SCHEDULED PROCEDURE OR DONE 6 WEEKS AFTER THE PROCEDURE.
IF YOU USE BOTOX, IT SHOULD BE PERFORMED EITHER 2 WEEKS PRIOR TO YOUR SCHEDULED PROCEDURE OR 2 WEEKS AFTER YOUR PROCEDURE.
AVOID POWER SHAKES AND POWER GREENS 3 DAYS PRIOR TO PROCEDURE, THESE CAUSE BLOOD THINNING AND HEAVY BLEEDING!
WE DO NOT WORK ON ANYONE PREGNANT OR BREAST FEEDING, NO EXCEPTIONS
If you are any of these medications, you will bleed and the pigment WILL NOT retain:
- Triflusal (Disgren)
- Clopidogrel (Plavix)
- Prasugrel (Effient)
- Ticagrelor (Brilinta)
- Ticlopidine (Ticlid)
- Cilostazol (Pletal)
- Vorapaxar (Zontivity)
- Dipyridamole (Persantine
- Pradaxia (dibigatran)
- Xarelto (rivaraxaban)
- Eliquis (apixaban)
- Savaysa (edoxaban)
If you “keloid” scar, you need to ask your doctor OR we can do a test patch 4 weeks prior to your actual microblading appointment
If you have oily skin, your results WILL appear softer (eyebrows can look solid) in appearance and may require additional procedures.
Plan on scheduling your color boost within the first 12 months.
Come to your appointment with your eyebrows penciled the way you like them (optional) if you like & bring your eyebrow pencil with you.
IF USING AN EYELASH GROWTH SERUM (Latisse) OR THERE LIKE ON YOUR EYEBROWS, YOU MUST DISCONTINUE USE 2 WEEKS PRIOR TO PROCEDURE AND CANNOT USE UNTIL 2 WEEKS AFTER PROCEDURE.
Microblading Eyebrows Post-Care:
• MICROBLADING EYEBROWS IS A “DRY HEAL” DO NOT GET WET, AND NO SWEATING FOR 3 DAYS
• DO NOT rub, pick or scratch the treated area. Let any scabbing or dry skin naturally exfoliate off. Picking can cause scarring and pigment loss!
• COMPLETELY avoid direct sun exposure and tanning beds for a minimum of 4 weeks after your procedure. Direct sunlight can cause the pigment to change color while it is healing and can also cause hyper pigmentation and scarring.
• Avoid pool, sauna, steam rooms, hot showers and/or hot baths for 3 weeks.
• Avoid sweating for a full 10 days. Any physical effort, gym, hot weather, any other activity that may cause sweating through or on the brows will cause the “hairstrokes” to blur under the skin, there is no fixing this.
• Avoid sleeping on your face/brows for the first 10 days.
• NO makeup or skincare products to be used on the treated area for two weeks.
• NO facials, chemical treatments and microdermabrasion for 4 weeks.
• After 10 days, once the area has healed completely, consider using sunblock when going out in the sun to stop the color from fading.
• Eyebrow tinting should not be undertaken for 2 weeks after your procedure.
• Avoid Retin-A, Chemical Peels and Microderms around the brow area once healed.
• AVOID ANY SKINCARE THAT HAS THE WORDS “ACID” “RETIN A” “GLYCOL” ON THE AREA TREATED! Look in your foundations and primers too, its in things that say “long lasting” or “Forever”
EYEBROWS- Typical Effects
Day 1-2 The eyebrows are approximately 20 to 25% darker and bolder in width than they will be when healed. Your skin is red under the pigment which causes the color of the pigment to appear darker. There is some swelling, although difficult to see due to the thickness of the skin in the eyebrow area. This will subside. Exfoliation, which begins in a few days, will cause the excess pigment surrounding the eyebrow procedure to flake away and a more narrow appearance will result. New skin will heal over the pigmented area and result in a softer appearance of your eyebrows. Don’t be concerned that your eyebrows initially appear darker and heavier in size than you desire. This is all part of the process.
Day 3 Eyebrows will start to itch and will appear a bit thicker in texture. Natural exfoliation begins., do not exfoliate yourself.
Day 4 The skin begins to flake- peeling from the outside edges first.
Day 5 Color finishes flaking off and appears softer and greyer for 8 weeks until color clarifies.