- Personal hygiene rules!Please bathe and or freshen up before your Brazilian, bikini or body wax treatment.
- Skip the lotions and potions!Do not apply self tanners, body sprays, deodorants and other topical creams before your appointment.
- Let it grow out!If you have been shaving, allow a minimum of 2-3 weeks or ¼ inch of hair growth.
- Schedule your wax2-3 days before beach and poolside jaunts if you plan to sun bathe.
- Avoid heat.No tanning beds, hot tubs and saunas before your appointment.
- Exfoliate!Exfoliating the area gently 24 hours before your appointment will remove the dead skin cells and allow for a cleaner wax
- Be comfy.Wear loose comfortable clothing to prevent irritation after waxing.
Everyone reacts differently to waxing. If this is your first time, it is important to take precaution.
- Heighted sensitivity may be experienced in the area waxed for the next 24-48 hours.
- Avoid heat. No tanning, sun bathing, hot tubs or saunas for 48 hours after your treatment. Since a layer of dead skin cells have been removed, sun and or heat exposure can burn the skin.
- Refrain from taking a hot bath or exercising for 2 hours following your treatment.
- Apply a cold compress to sooth the skin if you experience sensitivity or irritation after your treatment. Hydrocortisone cream also reduces the redness and irritation following your treatment.
- Exfoliate daily 48 hours after your treatment. We offer a nice selection of exfoliating products to help you maintain your wax and eliminate ingrown hairs. Try our Bikini Kitty ingrown hair treatment.
- If your skin is sensitive, waxing may result in minor breakouts or rashes. Waxing causes the temporary enlargement of the hair follicles that can allow bacteria residing on the skin, to enter the enlarged follicles and cause skin infections. If an infection is noted, it should be evaluated and treated by a doctor as soon as possible. That is why it is important to take proper care of your skin following a wax treatment.